This is an introduction to Swarovski's special glues for crystals:
1. Future-oriented solution - it is a sustainable gluing system regarding environmental and health protection for both the consumer and the manufacturer. Compared to standard gluing it is not toxic, harmful or flammable.
2. Diverse areas of application - Metals, Gluable synthetics and rubbers, Glass, crystal, wood, stone, cork, porcelain.
3. The color of the glue - it hardly discolors when exposed to sunlight. The glue residues stay transparent and the glue can also be used for applications on glass.
4. Ideal mechanical resistance - absorbs impacts and withstands distortion. In addition, maximum elasticity protects the crystal foiling.
5. Ideal chemical resistance - The glue will not be affected by Humidity, Perspiration, Salt and chlorinated water.
6. There are two types of glue, each one has its own characteristics that will be used for different working processes.
CG 500 (A+B) two-component epoxy resin glue
This resin glue was specially developed for gluing Swarovski crystals of medium and large sizes starting with 14pp and up to a larger size crystal.
The glue has a honey like texture so it will be a strong and thick connecting material between the crystal and the surface. This texture is also easier to apply in larger quantities.
• Mixture ratio (A+B) would be 1:1 by weight
• Complete curing time at room temperature (23°C/73.4°F) is 24 hours
• Complete curing time in oven with 40°C/104°F would be 12 hours, 70°C/158°F would be 2 hours and 100°C/212°F would be 1 hours.
• Handling time at room temperature (23°C/73.4°F) is 3 hours
CG 610 (A+B) two-component epoxy resin glue
This resin glue was specially developed for gluing Swarovski crystals of very small sizes, starting with 0PP and up to the size of 14PP.
The low viscosity of this glue allows an easier dosing of small glue quantities, which is perfect for working with small crystals.
• Mixing ratio (A: B) would be 2: 1 (resin: hardener) by weight
• Complete curing time at room temperature (23°C/73.4°F) is 72 hours
• Complete curing time in oven with 40°C/104°F would be 12 hours, 70°C/158°F would be 4 hours and 100°C/212°F would be 1.5 hours.
• Handling time at room temperature (23°C/73.4°F) is 16 hours
There are several ways to mix this two component glue, here are two ways you can use:
Click here to see the simple way to mix the glue Click here to see how to use the glue gun
When the glue is properly mixed, you can insert it into a syringe which will help you keep your working environment and hands clean.
The honey like consistency of the 500 glue is easy to use with this regular syringe.
When working with the 600 glue you need a tiny drop for each crystal, that is way we recommend to use a dispensing tip on this syringe.
Inject a tiny drop of glue into the place of settings, to fill 1\3 of the hole.
Always make sure that the surface of the element is free of oils, so that the glue would be strongly connected to the surface.
Place the crystal in its place with the help of the wax tip.
These Swarovski glues are specially designed for working with crystals, together with this way of working you can really make your work be faster, cleaner and get a much more professional result.
Have fun creating!