Step 1: Organize the materials
The basic things you need to have in order to make this kind of bracelets are:
Swarovski rhinestone at any size you choose - 14pp/18pp/32pp
Plain metal plated bangle bracelet
A wax cord
A cutting tool
Once, you have chosen the bracelet base, colors and sizes of SW rhinestone and color of wax cord, you can cut pieces of rhinestone at about 12cm that would be enough for a half bracelet.
1.0 meters of wax cord are the minimum length you need for the thin bracelet with the 32pp rhinestone on it, for the wider bracelets you will need about 1.50 or 2.00 meters of wax cord.
Step 2: Making knotted pattern with the wax cord
You can use a bit of E6000 glue to hold the first settings of the rhinestone on the bracelet base, it will be easier to start working like that.
The pattern of knots you make here, is rather simple once you get the idea:
1. To get a nice look start with an x or two at the base of the bangle, where you want to start connecting the rhinestone with the cord on the bracelet base.
2. Form a loop on the left side of the bracelet with the left cord, now place the right cord on top of it.
3. Take the right cord, still holding the left one, to the back side of the bracelet, and through the loop that we made from the left cord.
4. Carefully tighten the cords on the bracelet, and place the left cord in a way that will sit exactly in the space between the rows of crystals.
5. The next loop we make will now start from the right cord, and the left one will be on top of it. This is the way you make the pattern of knots, by making a left loop and then a right one, and so on...
6. When you get to the end of the rhinestone, make the x finish and then make a strong double knot at the back side of the bracelet. Heat the edges of the cord with the lighter so they will melt a bit and will be sealed.
You can use the same pattern of knots to create many kinds of bracelets, this is just one of the ways you can use it.
Have fun creating your own brand new Swarovski rhinestone bangle bracelets!