Here are 6 simple steps to connect any size of cup chain using this metal connector:
1. This is a large connector that is specially designed to be placed inside the hole at the side of the last stone setting in a cup chain, and to make a strong connecting element between any kinds of two cup chain pieces.
2. The square shape of the connector is the right size to fit the square shape hole in the last stone settings. Most of the times you need to strongly push it inside using a plier tool.
3. When the connector is placed inside the stone setting, use the cutting tool to pinch it at the edge and basically deformed it so it is no longer in its original square shape, and that is what will prevent it from going out of the hole. Pay attention that you pinch the metal and do not cut it.
4. Use the cutting tool to cut away the loop at the end of the connector, you don’t need it, it is just a helpful part to use when you insert it to the stone setting at the beginning.
5. Insert the end of the connector into the hole in the other stone setting.
6. Again, you need to use the cutting tool and pinch that other end of the connector so it will not be able to go out of the hole.
That’s it. These two cup chain parts are now strongly connected to one another, in a way that looks very clean and organic like the way that the rest of the stone settings are connected.
Have fun creating!